Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Young Scientists

Tonight I helped my son's Webelo troop earn their "Scientist" badge. The boys and I explored air pressure; gas laws; weather; Bernoulli's Principle; and Pascal's Law. We had a blast making cheese balls "float", cds glide on a pocket of air; marshmallow ghosts expand, and soda cans implode. The highlight of the eventing was the "Vacuum packed cub scout". I took the picture above, but one of the scouts took the ones below for me because I was busy. When we were done the leader said to me that he has known these boys since they were 6 and he has never seen them be so engaged! My son glowed all the way home. When we pulled into the driveway he said to me "it's fun having a science teacher for a mom... thanks". THAT is what it is all about.




















1 comment:

  1. I know that meant a lot for him to see you as the awesome person you are. I am looking forward to when my little guy can engage with me in science. We do some....he LOVES vinegar & baking soda bombs.

    ReplyDelete